Tuesday, March 30, 2010

More Thai Basil leftover?


Yes, it's true. I still had Thai basil leftover from my Vietnamese fish rolls (AND from Thai basil chicken stir fry dinner) and needed to figure out one more meal to cook it with. I had so much left over rice vermicelli noodles as well so I figured I'd make this dinner an easy one; easier than the last two. I went to one of my go-to Vietnamese deli's, Ba Le Deli, in the area to pick up ready made meats. They sell everything from Vietnamese baguette sandwiches to ready made side dishes, even pho (Vietnamese beef noodle soup) and other noodle soup bowls if you wanted to dine in or carry out. My choice for dinner was to make Bún thịt , Vietnamese grilled chicken with rice vermicelli noodles.

For this dish I purchased some already grilled chicken breasts, thighs and legs. I reheated the chicken in my toaster oven so the skin would get crispy; I then sliced them into smaller pieces for the noodle bowl. All the greens (lettuce, mint, cilantro, Thai basil, cucumbers, scallions and tia to leaves) from my previous dinners last week were used and mixed into the rice noodles. I had nuoc mam cham as the dressing for this noodle dish and also sprinkled some chopped peanuts into this mix - gave it some good crunch.

Now I'm finally done with all my greens! Do you have leftover ideas you have had success with? I always like to hear about how many dishes I can make with the same ingredients. Do share!

Enchante!

No comments:

Post a Comment