Friday, March 26, 2010

Spicy Basil Chicken

Thai Basil is one of my favorite herbs out there and I can never get sick of it. I like how this herb is so versatile and can be used in soups, stir fry's and eaten fresh [similar to the way I had them in the Vietnamese fish rolls in my previous post]. Since this herb has many uses I had to think of something else to make with it since I had SO much leftover. I thought of Thai basil chicken stir fry dish to make since stir fry's require just mixing everything together with some rice on the side (jasmine rice is a staple in my home).

I took some skinless/boneless chicken breasts and sliced them into bite size cuts. Then sliced red pepper, green onions and a small yellow onion into the same shape. Other seasonings included, garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce, pepper and Thai chilies. I had everything already so this was the easiest left over "new" dish to make during the work week. The recipe calls for some other ingredients that were not easily accessible to me so I just left them out (kaffir lime leaves and Thai holy basil). I don't know if I missed out on any flavors by doing this but I was still happy with the end result. This probably took me less than 30 min. Cooking time for rice was a bit longer in the rice cooker but I called ahead on my way home and hubby made the rice ;-) it's usually his daily assignment. Hope you enjoy this easy stir fry dish for those of you that work full days and have little time to cook.

Do you have any quick and easy stir fry dishes to share? I found this one at Thai food and travel.

Enchante!

No comments:

Post a Comment